Sunday 15 July 2012

Why I blog

"Richard, why are you writing a blog?" Is a question you probably weren't going to ask, but I'll answer it anyway.

I blog, dear reader, for 2 reasons:

1) I occasionally come on to this site to check out a friend's blog; it is mostly about her shoes and nails. Making my own blog validates my reasons for reviewing it and makes me feel less weird about a grown male reading about novelty mustache jewelry and something called a 'Topshop Vectra'.

2) Everyone I know in the real world gets slammed with my opinions, thoughts, ramblings, guitar/drum videos and art work/doodles; WHY SHOULDN'T YOU?

Don't you feel better for knowing? So now to rip off a quotation by The Offspring (I'll be doing a lot of ripping off and quoting);
"It's time to relax and you know what that means; A glass of wine, your favorite easy chair, and of course, this blog illuminating your Monitor. So go on, indulge yourself, That's right, kick of your shoes, put your feet up Lean back and just enjoy the posts. After all, an inane strangers writings on the net soothes even the savage beast..."

PS: My friend's blog is defiantly worth a look, even though it's mostly girly stuff. She is a very funny writer and occasionally posts pictures of her abusing/dressing/playing with her dogs. She has also started doing pretty good movie reviews (which I haven't fully decided whether I'm gonna steal her idea with that or not) check it out; http://megalaurafication.blogspot.co.uk/ (Hi laura :D)

1 comment:

  1. I love this post so much I could cry. You're an amazing friend Richard!
    I can't find a button on your blog to follow it :( xx

    ReplyDelete